We are also bloggers
We are also bloggers
Tips for using BI Dashboard Designer & Viewer in OneStream XF 5.2 continued
- Maps allows colorizing the required areas in proportion to the appropriate values. Thereby maps can also show icons on specific latitude/ longitude intersections with labels and drill-through possibility or (pie) graphs at specific locations varying in size. If multiple datapoints are too close to each other, they can be clustered allowing the user to drill down/ zoom in.
- Charts allow drill through and they can show multiple data points. There are various types of charts. Personally, I really like the range chart, because it is showing max/min values over a period of time. You can also apply two y-axes, which was difficult to do before.
- Cards can show the difference between two values in different representations, such as number, icon, percentage, chart.
- As described above the (Large data) pivot can also be added as a component on your dashboard. This can be done via the BI dashboard designer.
- In Panes has each pane uses the same x-axis, legend and data, but each pane has its own Y-axes.
- With text boxes the user can easily give instructions or a detailed description of the item selected. It can be used to add information makes the content shown dependent of the selection in the dashboard.
- Treemap visualizing data can be grouped in columns or squares where the data is shown in different colors and sizes. The color schemes as shown below can be used in various ways. For example, they can be globally managed and they can even be added to the dimension members. The result is that a specific entity/ department shows up in the same color via the global color scheme.
- An addition of the new BI Viewer Component results in a BI Designer tab. The starting point is the point where a data connection needs to be added (same process as before).
- With Data items pane a modify data binding can be created via drag-and-drop.
- The BI Designer has its own section for parameters to filter on data (inbound) and pass from the BI Viewer to other dashboard components (outbound). These can be linked to existing OneStream XF parameters e.g. pParameter = |!osParameter!|
- Data can be added from all known sources and is stored in a results table. To separate between different data adapters a specific name is required. It is also possible to store multiple time periods to allow data ranges.
- Data can also be filtered based on static values, other field values and/ or parameters (via binding).
- To apply complex expressions to data fields, calculated fields can be created.
- A comprehensive arrangement for conditional formatting is located in a separate menu. In this menu color ranges, icons, bars, gradient filling can be applied.
Lots of Excel functions or other dashboarding tools were already available in the first release. Thereby, to present data lots of chart-types, like a secondary axis, advanced filtering (on argument, data series or even data points) and drilling down to the source data/ documents and opportunities can simply be added.
Then, delta calculations are flexible with delta icons and selections like higher is better/ worse. Second, the processing order of calculating totals that can be configured row by row or first columns then rows and third, tolerances can be applied easily. Also in the layout it is easy to do cell merging, word wrapping or show banded rows via a simple standard button.
For various items on a dashboard the cross-data-source filtering can be switched on or off. When you select a bar for a specific period, other items on the dashboard can directly take over this selection as a filter.
Other features in OneStream XF 5.2
Next to the features described above, there are also many other interesting new features
Read other blogs about OneStream
Sonum International has scheduled a 4-day OneStream Application Build for Administrators (ABA) Training from 23 to 26 August
Together with the ESG reporting experts of Intire, Sonum International developed a solution specifically on ESG for OneStream Software.
IFRS16 in Control, a free to use OneStream solution
Sonum International, a OneStream Diamond Partner, has announced the opening of a new office in Cape Town South Africa
During this session, we discussed how we helped the law firm; Hogan Lovells in implementing OneStream to optimize their consolidation processes.
December 2021, Manila, Philippines – Sonum International, a OneStream Diamond Partner, has made a commitment to the APAC markets through a merger with Chain.
Wanna see our projects portfolio?
Let’s Start Something new
Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit laborum. Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis.