We are also bloggers
We are also bloggers
Tips for using Table Views in OneStream XF 5.2
Table views can be used when creating Dashboards where relational data is required. This feature offers a flexible solution to design a form or as a data collection tool.
Tips and tricks for using Table views
- Table views can simply be accessed via the OneStream Windows Application SpreadSheet utility.
- This feature is designed to update records in a data table and utilizes client-side functionality. It is not possible to do inserts to create new records and does not support paging (for large data sets).
- The table view is defined in a business rule with new BRAPI functions (also for authorization), this is then inserted into a spreadsheet component.
- A new SpreadSheet Business Rule type is available with functions like GetCustomSubstVarsInUse, GetTableView and SaveTableView to define the look, feel and behavior of the table.
- The “OneStream XF Table Views” guide contains explicit examples of possible functionality within the script as an easy starting point.
- To make the table view more dynamic, diverse parameters can be used. Also, member functions like IsDirty, IsHeader, OriginalValue can be used to determine how the data is processed.
- The table view uses XFTV named Ranges.
- Security is included within the script and can be applied on data- or table level.
Tips and tricks for using BI Dashboard Designer & Viewer in OneStream XF 5.2
Do you know how to use BI Dashboard Designer & Viewer in the version 5.2?
If not, then keep reading our next article on this subject.
Read more articles
Are Your Hyperion Applications Hindering Your Potential?
Sonum International has scheduled a four day OneStream Application Build for Administrators Training on 24-27 November 2020.
OneStream Achieves Record Q3 Results Despite Pandemic’s Economic Impact
Sonum International has scheduled a two day OneStream Level 3 Dashboards training on 9 and 10 November 2020.
OneStream named a Leader in the 2020 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Cloud Financial Planning and Analysis Solutions
OneStream named a Leader in the 2020 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Cloud Financial Planning and Analysis Solutions.
Sonum International has scheduled a four day OneStream Application Build for Administrators Training on 27-30 October 2020.
Sonum International has scheduled a four day OneStream Application Build for Administrators Training on 1 - 4 September 2020.
Sonum International has scheduled a four day OneStream Application Build for Administrators Training on 7-10 July 2020.
Task Manager (UTM) is one of the solutions in the Market Place that makes use of OneStream XF software even easier.
Wanna see our projects portfolio?
Let’s Start Something new
Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit laborum. Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis.