We are also bloggers
We are also bloggers
Tips for using Table Views in OneStream XF 5.2
Table views can be used when creating Dashboards where relational data is required. This feature offers a flexible solution to design a form or as a data collection tool.
Tips and tricks for using Table views
- Table views can simply be accessed via the OneStream Windows Application SpreadSheet utility.
- This feature is designed to update records in a data table and utilizes client-side functionality. It is not possible to do inserts to create new records and does not support paging (for large data sets).
- The table view is defined in a business rule with new BRAPI functions (also for authorization), this is then inserted into a spreadsheet component.
- A new SpreadSheet Business Rule type is available with functions like GetCustomSubstVarsInUse, GetTableView and SaveTableView to define the look, feel and behavior of the table.
- The “OneStream XF Table Views” guide contains explicit examples of possible functionality within the script as an easy starting point.
- To make the table view more dynamic, diverse parameters can be used. Also, member functions like IsDirty, IsHeader, OriginalValue can be used to determine how the data is processed.
- The table view uses XFTV named Ranges.
- Security is included within the script and can be applied on data- or table level.
Tips and tricks for using BI Dashboard Designer & Viewer in OneStream XF 5.2
Do you know how to use BI Dashboard Designer & Viewer in the version 5.2?
If not, then keep reading our next article on this subject.
Read more articles
Sonum International has scheduled a 4-day OneStream Application Build for Administrators (ABA) Training from 23 to 26 August
Together with the ESG reporting experts of Intire, Sonum International developed a solution specifically on ESG for OneStream Software.
IFRS16 in Control, a free to use OneStream solution
Sonum International, a OneStream Diamond Partner, has announced the opening of a new office in Cape Town South Africa
During this session, we discussed how we helped the law firm; Hogan Lovells in implementing OneStream to optimize their consolidation processes.
December 2021, Manila, Philippines – Sonum International, a OneStream Diamond Partner, has made a commitment to the APAC markets through a merger with Chain.
December 2021, Taastrup, Denmark – Sonum International, a OneStream Diamond Partner, has made a commitment to the Nordics market through a merger with Chain.
Sonum International announces Expansion into the US and Canadian Markets Through Merger of Infogility’s Financial Planning and Consolidation Business Unit
Sonum International, a OneStream Diamond Partner, has made a firm commitment to the US and Canadian markets, by combining operations in the Americas with that of Infogility.
OneStream Software provides a unified, Intelligent Finance Platform that simplifies financial close and consolidation, planning, reporting, analytics and financial data quality for sophisticated organizations
Wanna see our projects portfolio?
Let’s Start Something new
Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit laborum. Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis.